Monday, June 19, 2006

Team America: World Police (2004)

Synopsis: Military Group in charge of protecting the world has a new challenge: avoid a terrible terrorist attack.
Appraisal: Here's the catch: this film could only appeal to persons under the age of 17, but is rated R, which means that those persons are not allowed to watch it. Fortunately, adults are devolving into a permanent state of childishness, making the catch obsolete. Lest I sound too harsh, let me clarify my position: I did not consider the film completely bad. There is some amount of decent stuff in it. But what prevails is (1) the usual assortment of in-jokes concerning the American film industry; and (2) grossness. Neither appeal to me. Politically, I have no problem with this film. Just like in the "South Park" series, under a cloak of profanity and pseudo-outrage, they are pretty moderate and sensible and most of the times state the obvious. But they seem to imply (1) that actors with million dollar salaries have no right to express their opinions; (2) that these opinions are always stupid. They are wrong in both.
Rating: 46

No comments: