Monday, June 19, 2006

Der Untergang (2004)

English Title: Downfall.
Synopsis: It narrates the last days of the Nazi regime.
Appraisal: What a magnificent historical movie this is! I am willing to bet that it is the most accurate portrayal of an historical event ever put to celluloid. What else can I say? It is so perfect in every aspect... Screenplay, direction, acting, etc, etc. I must say I came to this movie with very low expectations, mainly due to some stupid debate that followed its release. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. This is a very gripping account of a happy moment in History, focusing those people for which it was the unhappiest one.
As of now, it is the best 2004 film that I have seen. Of course I am a little far behind everyone else and have seen only 60 films of that year, so it may not remain in that position forever. But it sure is a great movie.
Rating: 75

No comments: