Sunday, August 20, 2006

Batman & Robin (1997)

Synopsis: Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy join forces to destroy mankind. Batman and Robin, two independent crime fighters, try to stop them.
Appraisal: This is my second viewing of this film. My previous viewing was to a Brazilian dubbed copy, so I decided to rewatch it to catch the one-liners that probably got lost in the dubbing. I enjoyed it far more upon the first viewing than upon the second one, during which its flaws became apparent to me. The screenplay is poor, and even the one-liners are a little excessive. It evidently tries to emulate the aesthetics of the "Batman" TV series, and that provides the film with a certain camp value. On the other hand, the skewed camera angles, likewise borrowed from the series, are a little annoying in my opinion.
Rating: 35

No comments: