Saturday, May 27, 2006

Tai ji zhang san feng (1993)

English Title: The Tai-Chi Master 
Alternate English Title: Twin Warriors 
Synopsis: Two childhood friends go separate ways: one is modest and peaceful, the other is ambitious and ruthless. The latter joins the government army, the former joins the rebels. 
Appraisal: This film has wonderfully choreographed fights. They are done in a non-realistic style, where the limits are never what real people can do, but rather what the filmmaker can stage. The non-fight parts are not especially memorable, but are not especially bad either. I recommend this film to anyone that is fond of martial arts films. Note: I am sure I saw an incomplete version of this film, as there's an ugly leap in the action around the middle section. Also, it was dubbed in English. 
Rating: 52

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»