Thursday, May 25, 2006

Risky Business (1983)

Second viewing; previously seen between 1983 and 1986
Synopsis: Youngster meets a prostitute while his parents are away on a trip. 
Appraisal: I thought I could check again on this movie that I saw for the first time twenty odd years ago. If I recall correctly, my impressions now are approximately the same as the first time I watched it. It is a fluid movie and it stood a second viewing quite well. Its sense of humor has not aged badly, I think. There is a cynical quality to the film that some claim to be characteristic of a trend that was becoming prominent in the eighties. Not a great film, but possesses some distinctness. 
Rating: 64 (unchanged)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»