Sunday, May 21, 2006

Jogo Duro (1985)

Synopsis: A man and a woman living in an empty house, and a third man that works as a security guard across the street from it, engage in a series of conflicts and relationships. 
Appraisal: I am a bit unsure of the amount of criticism I should display upon reviewing this film. While the experience of watching it has been less than pleasurable (to say the least), in retrospect it does not seem completely worthless. I think the script has some insightful features about the powerplay among people that hold little or no power at all. The problem is that the actual unfolding of the story is rather clumsily executed, and some of the plot elements are questionable too. While I cannot dismiss this film entirely, I will not recommend it either. 
Rating: 37

No comments: