Saturday, October 07, 2006

Three Ages (1923)

Synopsis: The film shows the same basic characters -- two suitors and a woman -- in three different periods -- the stone age, the roman age, and the modern (that is, the 1920's) age.
Appraisal: I have to admit I didn't find this silent comedy extraordinary -- and as regards to funny, it rarely is, though this is a highly subjective issue, to be sure. But the film is nice to watch, and on a few occasions it delivers a funnier gag, e.g. the ending joke, which I found very intelligent. It is interesting to note that many jokes rely on anachronisms, just like such later TV cartoons as "The Flintstones" and "The Roman Holidays".
Rating: 55

1 comment:

Johnny Ong said...

I do provide sypnosis for those movies I have watched albeit latest/new movies.