Monday, July 23, 2007

Napoleon Dynamite (2004)

Synopsis: Napoleon is a teenage boy with limited social skills who lives with his grandmother and his older brother who spends his days chatting on the Internet. He befriends a Mexican-American kid who decides to run for Class President.

Appraisal: Again, not much to say (I am glad I am not a professional critic, or I'd be in serious trouble) about this except that I found it mostly funny and intelligent, and well acted and well directed. However, something happens with these comedies of late - and maybe this is just me being jaded and impossible to please but anyway - that they seem to wear out at their second half, run out of tricks or something. This one went well almost all the way through, though, and the fact that I began watching it very tired and finished watching it without a trace of sleepiness speaks for itself.

Rating: 66

No comments: