Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm No Angel (1933)

Second viewing; the previous one was on December 5, 1992.

A circus performer gets involved with several men, until she finally falls in love with one of them. When she announces that she will quit the circus to get married, the circus owner is not happy.

Considerably different in style from She Done Him Wrong, released in the same year, this is the less appreciated of the two, and I too felt the same way when I watched them for the first time, many years ago. I am still willing to give that other movie my preference, but I like this one a lot better now. One of the reasons that probably affected its reputation is that it is the less acid of the two, and the one with more emphasis on character interplay. Not that it is a masterpiece of drama or anything close to that, but, as a light sexual comedy, it is not bad.

Rating: 51 (up from 34)

No comments: