Sunday, February 24, 2013

Catfish (2010)

I think the text below contains what people might call SPOILERS, so beware.

This documentary tells the adventure that a guy goes through when he starts a long-distance relationship.

I had never, to my recollection, heard of this movie until it got recommended to me by a pen pal of mine (I do not know whether he would like to see his name disclosed here), who by the way I am pretty sure is a real person, and not someone else's spin-off personality, although I have never met him personally. Anyway, this is a rare case where I am not sure I agree with him. This is an easy-to-watch film, but I am not sure I can pin it down, unless it is just the mildly entertaining account of the effects of a lonely loony lady's shenanigans on a bunch of receptive filmmakers. Is there something more to it? I guess I will, for the time being, leave it at that, and perhaps rewatch it some day.

Rating: 51

No comments: