Tuesday, April 08, 2014

The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

Second viewing; the first one was on April 9, 1991.

A man is exposed to radiation while vacationing with his wife in a boat out on the sea. Some months later, another exposure triggers a process of decrease in his bodily size. He experiences serious psychological problems as well as physical dangers associated with his new condition.

I will, for once, decline from commenting on this movie, which I liked a lot, the same as I did the first time I saw it. It so happens, in this particular case, that I wholly agree with most people who liked it, and in the user review section of IMDb there are wonderful reviews to which I do not think I could add anything of interest. That is, apart from the fact that it bears a passing resemblance to Kafka's The Metamorphosis (lots of people noticed that, too).

Rating: 71

No comments: