Saturday, September 01, 2012

Intervista (1987)

English title: Interview.

A famous Italian film director is making a film, and gets interviewed by Japanese journalists. His film reenacts his first visit to the studio as a journalist who would interview a movie actress. Next he starts to shoot what is apparently another film, based on a literary work. An old actor with whom he had worked before shows up on the set and they take a weekend off to visit an actress who worked with the two of them many years earlier in a movie. In that movie the old actor played a journalist and the old actress played a young actress whom the journalist interviewed and had a brief affair with. They all rewatch that movie in the old actress's house.

I guess this is not entirely without interest as an "essay" on interviews (and also filmmaking, I guess), and by the way it is my second viewing. My rating did not change, I am afraid. To be honest I did not find it particularly remarkable.

Rating: 41 (unchanged)

No comments: