Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Comin' Round the Mountain (1951)

Two show business fellows meet a singer of rural origin. She reveals that one of the fellows is related to her and is the rightful heir to the family treasure which is being kept hidden by the family matriarch. The singer takes them to meet her country family which have a long lasting feud with a rival one (the McCoys vs. the Whitfields).

This is mostly unattractive and stale. I'm under the impression that the following verbal skit is repeated from another movie with the same duo of comedians:

-I can't marry her, I'm 30 and she is ten. I'm three times older than her!
-If you wait 10 years, she will be 20 and you will be 40, so you will only be twice her age.
-She's catching up! In time she will pass me and she will have to wait for me!

The sequence when Lou takes the larger bed but is forced to share it with an ever-growing number of cousins, being eventually dumped from it, is funny.

Rating: 31

No comments: