Thursday, April 07, 2022

63 Up (2019)

 Latest installment of the series which follow a bunch of people starting when they were seven, every seven years. This installment has the flavor of an ending, featuring a recapitulation of former installments for each interviewee; since the director died two years after its release, perhaps he had some doubts about his remaining time to live. I enjoyed watching it; there is not much to be said about it that has not been said by others, or by myself on previous installments. Without any implied demerit to any participant, there is a sense that some were more interesting to watch than others. In my opinion, the most interesting ones -- in completely opposite ways -- are Tony and Neil. Coincidence or not, in this installment the filmmaker has chosen to put them as first and last interviewee, respectively. The links to my reviews of former installments are given below:

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: Seven Up! (1964) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 7 Plus Seven (1970) (TV) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 21 (1977) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 28 Up (1984) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 35 Up (1991) (TV) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 42: Forty Two Up (1998) (TV) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 49 Up (2005) (TV) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

Some Call It a Pastime: The Films I See: 56 Up (2012) (TV) (thirdworldthreat2.blogspot.com)

No comments: