Saturday, April 11, 2015

Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown (1977)

A bunch of kids go out on a camping trip. A boating race takes most of the screen time, with a rivalry ensuing between the newcomers and some veteran kids.

This is apparently the first Peanuts cartoon that I see. The odd thing is that it seems distinctly aimed at an audience of kids, whereas the comic strips didn't usually give me such an impression. Anyway, I am not able to assess a movie's success at reaching its target audience, only its success at reaching me, and this film didn't greatly succeed at that. From my perspective, this seems just a pedestrian attempt at assembling some run-of-the-mill camping situations and apportioning a slice of the action for each of the characters according to their well-established characteristics.

Rating: 32

No comments: