Friday, November 16, 2012

Rebel without a Cause (1955)

A new kid in town is bullied by the high school gang who rules over the place; he tries to get attention from a female colleague, but she is in the gang too, so... A younger boy, on the other hand, is highly infatuated with him. All three have problematic familial relations.

Second viewing. An extreme case of opinion change for me; I have little idea of what I liked about it the first time, but the fact is that I adored it then. Now, after viewing it again, it seems to me that the writer or writers had the tongue firmly placed in the cheek, and the director did his best to conceal it. Anyway, it is something of an event of sorts: the acting, the filming, the bizarreness of situations which may be construed in two or more ways, in short an interesting film.

Rating: 60 (down from 100)

No comments: