Thursday, December 22, 2011

O Homem que Copiava (2003)

This is my second viewing. 

On Monday, May 22, 2006, I posted the following on this blog: 

-quote- 
O Homem que Copiava (2003) 
English Title: The Man Who Copied. 
Synopsis: A guy that works as a photocopier operator is in search of a way to improve his humble condition. 
Appraisal: This is a painful film to watch. I really couldn't bring myself to care about any of the characters. The storytelling is flooded by voiceover, which means the filmmaker either can't say what he wants through the action and dialogue, or that he considers the viewers to be morons that need constant explaining. The script is fairly convoluted, but to no avail: it all amounts to an elaborate piece of crap with zero empathy. The performances are pretty decent, which is a feat considering the material the actors had to work with. Give yourself a break. 
Rating: 31
-unquote- 

I stick with my previous opinion and rating. This film's flimsy moral justification rests on plot contrivances. Aesthetically and morally, it is antithetical to L'argent (1983).

No comments: