Friday, December 18, 2009

Los abrazos rotos (2009)

*possible spoilers follow*

English title: Broken Embraces.

A filmmaker recalls the incidents of his life relating to his love affair with one of his actresses, the wife of a millionaire.

In this, a Barbara Stanwyck lookalike plays an Audrey Hepburn lookalike in a film produced by her Anthony Quinn lookalike husband. Los abrazos rotos's primary contribution to universal wisdom is that you shouldn't ignore someone who looks dead: he might be faking it just to see if you will ignore him. At a particular point in the film, I yearned for a truly awful car accident to happen, and my wish was promptly granted. Am I the psychic or is the filmmaker? I couldn't find other reasons for this film's existence.

Rating: 20

P.S.: I viewed it again in October, 2011. The rating was changed to 45

No comments: