Sunday, March 04, 2007

Julie Walking Home (2002)

Synopsis: A couple finds out that one of their children has cancer. His prospects are not good, since he is allergic to chemotherapy. The mother then decides to visit a healer in Europe who allegedly cures people by laying his hands on them.
Appraisal: Perhaps I will not be able to present a rational analysis of this film; up until it was almost over, I was not sure whether it was a great film or some inconsequential melodrama. I think that the closing events were really well thought out though, and did not let the film lose itself. Anyway, what I am perfectly sure of is that from the first scene to the last, it is intense and gripping. And it makes us think about the emotional pitfalls along our lives, without an inch of moralizing about it. For me, it was a rewarding experience. And a great part of its strength is in its flawless cast.
Rating: 74
Ranking: 12th position in 2002

No comments: