Monday, July 10, 2006

Hud (1963)

Synopsis: In a cattle ranch live Hud, his father, Hud's nephew Lon and a maid. Lon looks up to Hud, but Hud's father doesn't aprove of Hud's ways. A suspected illness of the cows may shake things up. 

Appraisal: Excellent drama about conflict of personalities and clash of values. Every frame of this film has "classic" written upon it. I can't find much else to say, except that the film looked flawless to me, under every aspect. If I had a bigger TV set I would have had a nicer viewing experience, since it was shown in its original aspect ratio. It's interesting to notice the similarities between this film and "Vengeance Is Mine", that I saw a few days ago. Both have a father and a son with opposite personalities. I rank "Hud" among my favorites of 1963, occupying the 4th position. 

Rating: 79

No comments: